Re: A sugestion to build CD/DVD

El Sábado, 23 de Octubre de 2004 18:44, Robert Parker escribió:
> On Saturday 23 October 2004 19:32, Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sorry if I'm reinventing the wheel. I'm new in Debian and using jigdo.
> >
> > My suggestion/question is:  why there is not a pool directory like
> > 'last_week_purged_packages' and jigdo is enabled to search in it?. If a
> > package is not found in the espected place it should search in this
> > special pool. So the chances to complete a DVD/CD will increase a lot.
>
> It's basically pointless. The *iso.tmp can be renamed and then loop mounted
> and used as the input to another round of jigdo-lite using the newer
> *.jigdo and *.template.
I already did it.

> Your only loss is the few files that have been
> replaced by a newer version. And, of course you need to get the
> jigdos/templates again.

Yes, and you need to wait a week :(.

What I proposed is to create a small pool directory to set all packages
removed since the creation of a jigdo/template file. I assume it woudn't be
too long because in a week it will be deleted again.

> Check out:
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-Jigdo/updatingyourimage.html
>
> FWIW I kept my Woody isos uptodate on a pathetic slow dial up connection.
> I did however buy the initial set of cds.

Of course, with the current extension you'll need a lot of time ;)

> Now I'm on 256/64 adsl I think it took me 3-4 days to get the dvd isos in
> the first place. Now its just a few hours to keep them current.

Here in Spain our main ISP is upgrading from 256/128 adsl to 512/128 ( 45
€/month , VAT included). My line was upgraded Thusday, and I'm downloading
sarge-DVD-1 since yesterday. BTW, this morning has been released new
jigdo/template files. It seems I did the transition to new ones with
success :).

I'm hoping this time I'll be able to download DVD-1 before a file were
removed, I still need to download 1950 from 6737.

Have a  nice weekend

Guillermo

--
Guillermo Ballester Valor