Re: Missing /media/cdrom0 dir during install

Karl Hegbloom wrote:

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 22:11 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

I have this problem when I'm using udev+discover at secound stage.

I find that things work best when 'discover' is not installed, but
'hotplug' and 'udev' are.

Guys, you don't have a choice about the basic stuff the Sarge CD installs to disk. THAT'S the problem! It puts discover1 in, which does not find the devices on my box, which deletes the /media/cdrom0 directory... even though the kernel did load the driver and the CD is working A-OK.

After the install is done, sure, go ahead and switch packages around. Then it is up to you if you goof your box up, but the CD "hassa work", yes???? Or am I crazy, are extra steps like recreating /media/cdrom0 dir cool these days?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems