Re: CD mirrors

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Richard Atterer wrote:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:06:37AM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
http://www.de.debian.org/dmc/today/

Ah, interesting!

This suffers from the same problem as a similar scanning script by Joey
Hess, which he wrote quite a while ago (around woody release time IIRC?),
and which ended up unused:

There is no definitive CD mirror directory structure. :-(

Yes, but we fixed that by defining a definitive CD mirror directory structure to bethe one on cdimage.debian.org. I think we even had consensus on that on this list about a year ago.

This was a bigger problem back when cdimage.d.o didn't carry isos.

BTW, can you (or someone else) look over
<http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/>? I'm not sure whether that page is
still up to date.

Hmm.. It does seem to be a bit outdated, yes. Does the p-i-k still work?

Also, a pointer to http://www.acc.umu.se/~maswan/debian-push/cdimage/ might be valuable, that uses jigdo-mirror and a bit of rsync to create an exact copy of the stuff on cdimage.d.o. It is in some need of a re-write to handle a more flexible selection of what should be made into isos though, but it is what is currently used for the push-triggered mirrors.

/Mattias Wadenstein