Re: password

Darren Smith wrote:
> Hi I know this sounds silly but Ive installed linux debian and everything went very well i thought but I came to the end when I hit a login prompt which i thought i had written login and passwords down but its not working.Can you help me please.

Boot from your installation media, but don't install.  Use ALT-F2 to
select the other virtual console giving you a root terminal.  Use that
mount your new system and to set a new password there.

Example commands below.  Note "example" as you will need to change
your commands accordingly.

  ALT-F2
  mkdir /new
  mount /dev/hda1 /new
  chroot /new /bin/bash
  passwd root
  exit
  reboot

Note this question would be better asked in debian-user and not
debian-cd.

Bob