Re: Excluding udebs from powerpc businesscard/netinst

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 03:26:24PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> We could do with cutting down the size of the powerpc CDs a bit. Here's
> a first stab at an exclude-udebs-powerpc, which may help. Please apply
> it only for sid; it can be ported back to sarge after rc1 is out and
> we've verified that everything still works.

So, there's been no response in two weeks or so; may I commit this?

> It sucks that (a) we have to duplicate this information and (b) there's
> no easy way to find out what packages went into a d-i CD image short of
> messing around in build logs. Perhaps we could ship some kind of an
> initrd manifest with each initrd, which would be useful to end users
> (think trying to work out if a new enough version of some package is
> included in your image), d-i developers, and debian-cd?

d-i image builds now come with an initrd.list file per image, which may
be usable to figure out automatically what can be excluded (although I
believe there are still one or two udpkg issues).