Re: debian dvb with bittorrent

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, s.cls@laposte.net wrote:

Hello,

I write you because I would like to download Debian (testing) on DVD (using Bittorent).
Unfornately on http://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/
there is a link to http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/weekly/torrents/i386/
but there is no DVD image.

I ever tryed jigdo but I had some problem with it... (and I get other Linux distribution using Bittorrent without any problem)...

So a solution should be to have a torrent for the DVD...

Sorry, there isn't currently enough space on the machine hosting cdimage.debian.org to serve full DVD images.

I would like to say that
on http://www.debian.org/distrib/cd
there is no link to the torrent page (in french)
There is only links to ftp / http / jigdo

An other solution about DVD image could be to make a software (running on Linux and on Window) that can make a DVD image using all the CDs images and a boot file (to download on ftp)

To be honest, I don't see how this software would be easier than jigdo. If you have specific issues with jigdo, please tell so they can be fixed.

/Mattias Wadenstein