Re: Partial download of Debian Testing

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:28:38AM +1000, bob parker wrote:
> I am about 2/3 the way through a jigsaw d/l of sarge-i386-2.iso using the
> .jigdo and .template dated 25 July 2004.
>
> On checking the debian site:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/jigdo-area/i386/
>
> I see that the files are redone and dated 02-Aug-2004
>
> What should I do now, complete using the old template? or is there any way I
> can use the partial iso to create another using the newer template?

Either way is possible. However, due to the way the download is set up on
gluck, jigdo-lite may sooner or later fail if you continue to download the
old images.

(This possibility of failure is not ideal... :-/ It is present because the
jigdo "fallback" directory at
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/cd/i386/Debian/ appears to have
been wiped the moment the new weekly images were made available. Ideally,
the previous week's fallback files should linger in the dir for a few more
days.)

You *can* reuse the data you have already downloaded, by loop-mounting the
.iso.tmp image and passing the mounted directory to jigdo-lite's "Files to
scan" prompt. See
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-Jigdo/updatingyourimage.html for details.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯