Re: non-US

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> What are we going to do about non-US for the sarge release? I notice
> the images on gluck don't seem to contain any non-US files at all. Is
> that how we want to proceed: just drop non-US?

I have been building DVDs with debian-cd and the last CD build I did was
some months ago.  I think we will have problems building a useful CD1 if
we have the two versions like we have had in the past, one with non-US,
the other without.  The space vacated by non-US was left empty which meant
that the remaining discs were identical in both sets.

I would suggest that the second CD be the US/non-US CD, or the third if
this needs to happen.

Another question to ponder. Is the time right to switch to 700 MB media?

> "I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
>  course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus
> Torvalds

Linus is quite right, West Islanders are rather like that.

Phil, waiting for an Aussie bite.

  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz