Re: 2.6 kernels and CDs

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:07:50 -0400
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Anyway, maybe it doesn't make sense to combine 2.6 and 2.4 kernels on a
> netinst iso -- these isos are meant to be small and minimal download
> time, and why download a kernel you won't need? Would it be ok to
> produce two sets of businesscard and netinst isos, one with 2.4 and one
> with 2.6?

I was actually looking around at the Woody netinst ISOs, and I was
pleasantly surprised to see that many were split into the different
kernel flavours. It's a lot easier to tell a user to "download this file
and burn it" than it is to tell them to type some particular command at
a prompt; marginally so, but it's still there.

More notable is that it's really apparent which kernel versions/flavours
are available. So I actually think that splitting them into multiple
flavours is a good thing in and of itself, totally aside from any space
constraints :)

idea to me.)

	   After a while, you realise the pig is enjoying it.

		   OpenPGP v4 key ID: 4096R/59DDCB9F
    Fingerprint: CC53 F124 35C0 7BC2 58FE  7A3C 157D DFD9 59DD CB9F
	  Retreive from subkeys.pgp.net or risk key corruption