Re: Debian DVD

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Marco Terzuoli wrote:

> I am due to download the latest Debian release but, before doing so,
> would like to know if there is, in addition to the 7 CD version, a DVD
> version, which would be more comfortable. If not, is there any plan to
> make a DVD version of Debian in the future?

Future stable versions of Debian will certainly be available on DVDs. Even
now there are images of sarge and unstable.

If you are looking for stable, there is an unofficial image made by Jan
Kesten, it is available via rsync here:

rsync://nexu.troja.mff.cuni.cz/debian-cd/DVD/debian-30r2-i386-binary-DVD.iso

(download with 'rsync --partial --progress rsync://machine/path/file .)

Jigdo and template files are in the same directory.

Regards,

-- Jan Houstek