Make custom minimal install CD

Hi List

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I hope someone can
help me.
I've been trying to make a minimal debian installation CD for network
installation with a custom 2.4.25 kernel but I haven't been successful
yet.
By using the boot-floppies source package I've managed to make a CD that
gives me the boot prompt but when the root.bin and linux.bin images are
successfully uncompressed the machine freezes and nothing more happens.
Is there an easier way to accomplish this using the debian-cd package or
does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong/missing in my kernel
since it wont boot?

Cheers,
Jacob Vennervald