Re: Problem with jigdo-file?

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 11:26:54AM +0100, Jan Kesten wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I tried to build DVD Images with the debian-cd script and jigdo (0.7.0
>from Richard's website). Since I can't connect to cvs.d.o since the
>compromise I used the old script (by the way: Are there any updates or
>is cvs available again?) and it works fine and I got good images. But
>now I tried to make jigdo-files of them (with the script) and I got
>very many errors like the following:
>
>mktemplate.cc:626: Assertion failed, `nextAlignedOff > off'
>
>Between hundreds of this messages there are the "normal" ones like
>
>Match of `pool/contrib/a/avalon-excalibur/libavalon-excalibur-java_4.1-1_all.deb' at offset 4536459264
>
>But the jigdo-files do work - so is there anything wrong? I didn't
>find anything about this message. If anything is ok, then I would
>publish my jigdo and template files because many asked for them.

I've seen exactly the same problem, which is why I've not published
official i386/src images. See

for the bug report.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer