Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2 Update CD 20031209 is incomplete

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 11:37:46PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 07:52:48PM +0100, gandy@abacho.de wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>about:
>>http://non-us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r2/jigdo/i386/debian-update-3.0r2.01-i386.jigdo
>>
>>quite a few directories on the cd are empty (like kdenetwork or colrconv).
>>
>>Their content is missing in the Packages files as well - yet from
>>reading joey's page I would assume that they are part of the update.
>
>Hmmm. I'm looking now...

Right. Looking through the i386 update CD for empty dirs, I find the
following:

  Several are not built for i386, so didn't go on the CD:

    * arcboot
    * atari-bootstrap
    * kernel-image-2.2.22-alpha
    * kernel-image-2.4.17-s390
    * nvram
    * setsccserial

  Several were already on the r0 CDs for i386, so no update
  needed. The updates seem to be just other architectures catching up:

    * afterstep
    * colrconv
    * dwww
    * elk
    * ftape-tools
    * gcc
    * htmldoc
    * illuminator
    * libdbd-mysql-perl
    * nessus-core
    * nessus-libraries
    * postfix-tls

  kdenetwork doesn't seem to have been updated on i386 beyond
  2.2.2-14, while the other arches are on 2.2.2-14.6. Checking the
  changelog, I'm not sure if this is correct or not. There were no
  i386 packages to go on the CD, so none did.

Apart from (maybe) the kdenetwork issue I've noted (and that's nothing
to do with the update CDs themselves), all the above is just
fine. What may have confused you is that the script that generates the
CDs is a little bit dumb - it generates the entire directory layout on
every CD, regardless of whether that particular CD needs that
directory to hold a file.

Don't panic!

< Brian, you can stay calm! >

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...