Re: businesscard iso

"Dave Henderson" <HendeDav@dor.state.fl.us> writes:

> Debian Team,
>

>      I am working on a project where space is at a premium so I started to
> look over the Debian web site for smaller packages than the base install from
> a regular install CD.  I noticed that there is one called a businesscard iso,
> but it is for unofficial releases.  One of the main reasons I like Debian, is
> because when you guys release something as "official" it is a good release.  I
> was wondering why there isn't an official release of this iso AND what is left
> out (so to speak) from this iso that wouldn't be included from a base install
> from the regular Debian cd.  I appreciate your time in this matter and look
> forward to hearing from you.

At the time woody was released there were yet no widespread netinstall
isos or mini install isos in use. Now there are several smaller images
referenced on the debian webpages that can be considered semi
official ranging from 10 to 300 MB.

I think the only reason that Debian has no official small images is
that noone bothered to change the cd creation scripts to also build a
small image. Given the popularity the next releas will probably have
such images with official label.

But you will allways get the base install. I don't think there is
anyone working on a even smallerimage. But an image for an base
install is about 30MB and fits on a small CD.

MfG
        Goswin