Re: free linux cds

> have been keen to switch to LINUX . May I request you to send me a CD with
> the latest LINUX O/S containing KDE, GNOME, SQL , PERL and all development
> tools on the following address :-

Ashu,

You seem to have misunderstood what's meant by "Debian is Free Software".
http://www.debian.org/intro/free and http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
tell what "free" means. A CD costs money and postage costs money. Nobody is
obliged to send you one for free. You can order a Debian CD in India from
http://www.gtcdrom.com/Debian-GNULinux.html. Rs. 700/- (about $15) is a bit
expensive so you may want to contact your local Linux user group (See
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ilug-bbsr/ for one in Orissa) to burn/lend one
for you. If you are in Bangalore and can drop in to my office I'll give them
to you "free of cost" :-). I am sure some one in your local Linux user group
will be more than happy to do the same thing.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R (rganesan at debian dot org) | http://www.debian.org/~rganesan/
1024D/5D8C12EA, fingerprint F361 84F1 8D82 32E7 1832  6798 15E0 02BA 5D8C 12EA