Re: Official "stable" netinst cds

Le Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 04:33:27PM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:08:23AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Official netinst CD can only be made using debian-installer.
>
> Why is this?

Because the patch I applied has been made for debian-installer based CD.
As you know the most important part of the netinst CD is the installer
part .. and the patch just makes sure to add debian-installer on the CD:

# INSTALLER_CD=0: nothing special (default)
# INSTALLER_CD=1: just add debian-installer (use TASK=tasks/debian-installer)
# INSTALLER_CD=2: add d-i and base (use TASK=tasks/debian-installer+kernel)
#export INSTALLER_CD=0

However considering the way the patch was made, it may be possible to
use it to generate a netinst CD for woody ... but nobody tried it AFAIK.

> > still available and are sufficient.
>
> If people can make unofficial ones, why can't we make official ones?

Because the changes made for those unofficial CDs haven't made it into
the main tree of debian-cd ?

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com