Re: Silo breakage creating woody r2 CDs for sparc

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 03:57:46PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 10:26:54AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> >> For now I'm going to leave the sparc images as they are. If there's no
> >> way to test, then I'm going to wait until the boot-sparc script is
> >> known to work. I'll work on the easier architectures first.
> >
> >I know they wont work, because isofs.b doesn't work like cd.b did, and
> >you used a mkisofs that that was expecting that.
>
> No, I didn't, In the end I've used a woody mkisofs and the woody
> silo. If _they_ don't work together, then things are screwed
> altogether. That's how the r0 and r1 images are made, as far as I
> know. Yes or no?

If you used woody silo and woody mkisofs, then you are good to go.

> >So you are telling me that the problem is that you are pulling stuff
> >from unstable, and using unstable to build, and things are failing
> >because of that? If so, then that's your mistake, not mine. Build on
> >woody, and point to a woody mirror, not unstable. I can imagine the
> >amount of problems you would have building that way.
>
> <sigh> A mirror is a mirror. It's getting ludicrous to expect people
> to set up a completely separate woody-only mirror to build CDs. All
> the other architectures work fine in this scenario.

How the hell do you expect to build woody CD's if you are using shit
from unstable to build it? It's even more ludicrous for you to expect
that to work. Woody CD's should build from woody. How can you expect
that things don't change across over a year of development?

I'm not taking any blame or guilt from your problems. You caused your
own headache.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/