Re: Sarge iso

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 08:50:36AM +0600, Pradeeper wrote:
> I'm using woody and want to try Sarge. I upgrade one woody box to Sarge with
> Internet. How can I download Sarge iso and upgrade my other woodies?
> I'm using ftp.jp.debian.org, is this mirror has sarge iso?
> I use jigdo and Is there specific version that I have to use (jigdo)? What are
> the mirrors sites I can use for Sarge?

If you use jigdo, you can create the sarge CDs using any mirror which
carries the testing packages. The vast majority of servers listed by
jigdo-lite *do* have sarge packages, including ftp.jp.d.o.

(Another solution to your problem of upgrading several machines to woody is
to set up a HTTP proxy on one of your machines which caches the .debs. The
other machines can access the cached packages.)

jigdo 0.6.9 or later should work fine.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯