mirrorcheck failing on potato packages

I'm using debian-cd to create custom woody CDs using a special
boot-floppies set I built which includes the megaraid2 driver in a bf2.4
kernel.  This driver, backported from 2.5, is necessary to install on
certain newer megaraid controllers that the 1.13 megaraid driver series
will never support.  I plan to make all of this available when finished
so others can install woody onto hardware which requires the megaraid2
driver.

That said, I'm getting curious error messages from mirrorcheck in
debian-cd.  I've created a complete up-to-date mirror of woody/main and
woody/contrib using debmirror.  Everything seems to work okay except
that mirrorcheck cannot find any of the potato packages that are part of
woody.  I have verified that they exist in $MIRROR/dists/potato/, where
debmirror placed them.

Here is a sample of the output from mirrorcheck:

wooderson:/usr/share/debian-cd# make mirrorcheck
Apt-get is updating his files ...
Ign file: woody/local Release
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
File dists/potato/main/binary-all/comm/adbbs_3.0-1.1.deb can't be found ...
File dists/potato/main/binary-i386/utils/cce_0.36-1.1.deb can't be found ...
File dists/potato/main/binary-i386/web/cern-httpd_3.0A-3.deb can't be found ...

It will report the same error for every single potato package that
exists in the Packages file for woody.  It reports no other errors, in
either the woody files or my own LOCALDEBS tree.

Has anyone seen this or have an idea as to why it's happening?  Glancing
the source of the debian-cd/tools/mirror_check script there does not
seem to be any reason that if this script works for woody packages it
would not work for potato packages in the same archive directory.

I am able to continue working towards an install CD.  This is not a
critical problem, and I'm not certain whether it's a bug.  If this rings
any bells, please respond.  It's chafing my obsessive compulsive
tendencies.  =)

Thanks,

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon@dvalentine.com                                 http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  nashvegas is open eight days a week