Re: Jigdo Question

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:02:18PM +0200, Michael wrote:
> Anyhow, I downloaded jigdo, and copied the whole directory into /bin, so
> that I wouldn't forget where it was.

Um, it doesn't make that much of a difference here, but you should consider
most directories outside your home directory to be "owned by the package
management system" of your machine; better just unpack things like this in
your home dir in the future.

(Also, it's good practice not to run any program as root if possible,
instead use your main user account.)

> I name my Jigdo file
>
> ./woody-i386-3.jigdo
[...]
> It goes and it downloads for about twenty minutes; then it comes back
> with a report that
> the checksums don't check, and that this template isn't for that jigdo
> file, and whatnot.

jigdo-lite supports two modes of operation:

 - *both* the .jigdo and the corresponding .template file are present
   locally on the machine. So you could download the woody-i386-3.template
   file from the same place where you got the .jigdo file.

 - Neither the .jigdo nor the .template are there - in this case, just
   enter the URL of the .jigdo file at the prompt, jigdo-lite will take
   care of the rest.

> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.  Anyone know?

In case you continue having problems, please give a more detailed
description; exactly what things you entered at the various prompts, and
copy&paste any error messages that are output.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯