Re: Unofficial jigdo files for the "testing" distribution on CD (i386, regenerated weekly)

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 05:06:28PM -0600, James Richter wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place

It is!

> but I tried using jigdo to download the above from the link on
> http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ .  Five files could not be found after
> trying twice.  Therefore I couldn't create an iso image.

Did you run jigdo-lite, notice a few "404 not found" error messages and
interrupt it then, believing that the iso download had failed? You
shouldn't have - jigdo notices the errors and later fetches the missing
files from a backup server.

Or did jigdo-lite fail with an error "Aargh, x files could not be
downloaded"? This would indicate a real problem with the .jigdo/.template
files. Hmm - it is possible that you were unlucky enough to start your
download at just the wrong moment, while the regeneration of the images was
underway.

> Jigdo asks for cdebconf-udeb_0.34_i386.udeb but I believe it should be
> looking for cdebconf-udeb_0.35_i386.udeb [...]

The sarge images were regenerated a few hours ago, and all the newer
versions of the files you mention are now referenced by the .jigdo files,
so maybe you'll want to retry the download. (But first delete everything
that was left over by the old download!)

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _