Re: MD5SUM mismatch for Debian CD images on pudas.net

Hi,

OK, I've looked at the tar.deb that Jesper kindly sent me, and it is NOT
backdoored, just corrupted. At offset 206793, four extra bytes were
inserted, and at offset 210885, four of the correct deb's bytes are
missing. dpkg refuses to unpack the corrupted deb...

I've BCCd the pudas.net admin - Fredrik, can you please update your Debian
3.0r1 images, e.g. rsync them against another server? Also, where did you
get the corrupted files from? Are they also corrupted on the server you
got them from? (BTW this is CC'd to debian-cd, a public mailing list.)

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _