Re: Debian GNU/Linux project

Hello Timothy,

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 10:21:41AM -0500, Timothy D. Borbas wrote:
> What is the line that I need to type in Jigdo to get the images I need to
> burn onto CD's to setup this OS?

Please have a look at <http://www.dirac.org/linux/debian/jigdo/> which
explains it all.

> Is 3.0 r1 the latest image available?

Yes - 3.0r1 is actually 7 CDs, but you don't need all of them, see
<http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#which-cd>.

> Are the cd's self running?

Yes, they are bootable.

> What bootup software can I use-WinME bootup disk?

? You put the CD in the drive just after switching on the computer, and
it'll run the installation system.

Beware that you will probably need to repartition your harddisc to install
Linux. Once you've downloaded the CDs, take the time to read the
installation manual (or read it online at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>). Do this, or you'll
mess things up and destroy your existing Windows installation!

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _