Re: Creating jigdo files without loal file access

Hello!

I found an elagant way to solve a lot of problems with help of Debian's md5sums file and 'join'.

I set up a script that sorts out files that have the same checksum in the Hurd image and on Debian servers, and sets up a link structure like the file system structure on Debian servers, but pointing on files in the loopback mounted image. Cheap trick, but it works great.

I could build a image of K2-CD1 with about 2200 of about 3700 files matching, resulting a template file of 101 Mb size. I'm not very happy with this size. Any comments?

I saw lots of TRANS.TBL files. Should these be excluded generally? Is there a list of files to be excluded for jigdo file sets?

I hope to finish my script this week, and of course to have the jigdo files. But I don't want to publish them unless we have set up a working fallback directory.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <pstrasser at sbox dot tugraz dot at>