Re: 3.0r1 iso images ready for testing

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 10:58:19AM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>> CD1: src all alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k
>> CD2: src all mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
>
>one query - is there any reason to generate this as two ISO images
>rather than an upgrade ISO for each architecture which can then be
>dropped into the existing tree.  this would make it a lot smaller
>for users downloads.  i suspect that 75% or more of requests would
>be for i386 only.

None, really - I just tried to fit them into a small number of CDs
similar to the potato ones. It would be simple to generate separate
CDs (11) for each arch if people would prefer that...?

Use Debian GNU/Linux - upgrade your Windoze box today!  http://www.debian.org/
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
"Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I..."