Re: Patch for small cd images and producing them officially?

* jason andrade

| On 20 Dec 2002, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > Why not both?
|
| frankly i don't see the point in the proliferation of different ISO formats
| from a mirror point of view.  i'd prefer to see official debian cd images as:
|
| o a single "lightweight" netinst iso per architecture
|
| 	- allows end users to get a base debian install up and grab further
| 	  stuff from their closest mirror

This is good to have, but some people, like me, like to keep
business-card sized CD-Rs around in their wallet for performing Debian
blitz installs ;)  A d-i + base image will be too big to fit on a
business-card sized CD-R.  Apart from that, I agree with you.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-