X server problem

Dear sir,
I have just installed the Woody version of Debian
Linux, however I cant use the xserver!
As I am not used to this OS I can just say that after
the command "xf86config" is done, the command "startx"
is offered.
After I enter this (startx) the screen turns black for
a few seconds and then a message like this appears:
Device can not support 24 bits depth. No screens were
found.

I have a Diammond Stealth 64 2500 (2mb) and a Pentium
166 MMX (32mb). I´ve tried to reinstall several times,
all with the same message.

Just one thing, I am using the cd 1 and 3 to install
the OS and do not have access to the others.

Thanks

Bruno