Re: Too few up-to-date CD image mirrors

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 02:58:48PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Alternatively we could improve the ghastly blubbery
> http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/ to be more to the point...

Yeah, rewriting that from scratch has been long overdue. I wanted to
do it at one point and then didn't know whether to recommend jigdo or
"pure" rsync, and in the end it just stayed outdated.

Somehow, my impression is that for the average CD mirror admin (i.e.
*not* the ones subscribed to this list;-), even performing a manual
action once per point release is too much work; they just want to set
up their standard FTP/HTTP/rsync mirroring and then forget about it.

Oh, while we're talking about outdated stuff on the CD web pages:
These days the PIK is mostly of historical interest, it should be
removed completely.

Unfortunately, I'm rather busy until mid-December - if nobody else
cleans it up, this will have to wait a bit.

  Richard

--
  __   _
  ¯ '` ¯