Re: Too few up-to-date CD image mirrors

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Hmm. One thing, though, why keep the images locked on that machine just for
> a sync that happens every few months? Plus the administrative overhead of
> giving out accounts.

because it works well to have one central place that mirror admins can
go to at any point to sync.  as admins we also have to deal with catastrophic
disk failure and it is good to know you can go back to sync against cdimage
with the images there.  that said, i am guessing that all of cdimage would
comfortably fit now on a single 120G drive.  if it is only providing a sync
point for mirrors then i am not sure if it needs more than one (or two,
to do raid1) drive for this.

> Alternatively we could improve the ghastly blubbery
> http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/ to be more to the point...

i thought it had been rewritten a couple of times.  i remember seeing drafts
by at least a couple of people fly past debian-cd.  wonder what happened :-/

regards,

-jason