Re: use of CD image 'RAW' file

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 08:25:46PM -0600, Sam Tyler wrote:
> 1: CD Image
>  Of all the US sites listed only debian.uchicago.edu carries the cd
>  image file, all the others carry jigdo or jigdo and the jigdo
>  files/templates only.

Unfortunately, very few sites decided to mirror the 3.0r0 CD images -
I guess it's because of the enormous size of the complete set, also
some mirror admins may be reluctant to run jigdo to get them.

> 2: Circular Instructions

I don't see a problem with /that/; the CD page links to the
installation manual for things to do after you've downloaded CDs, and
the manual to the CD page for things to do before you can start the
installation...

> So, Now that I have  650MB woody-i386-1.raw file, on my HD what do I
> do with it?

Please see <http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-windows>. A .raw file
has the same format as an .iso file.

BTW, the name "woody-i386-1.raw" probably means that you downloaded
not the official 3.0r0 image, but an unofficial testing CD.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _