Re: 404 error

never mind.. the howto url is available now.and it's actually very clear.
the mirror url and the crappy M$ terminal got me impatient.  my appology.

i am gonna kiss M$ goodbye ..

james.

  james li <shijialeeee@yahoo.ca> wrote:

i have installed jigdo in my winMe.
and i type 'http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current/jigdo/i386/woody-i386-1.jigdo   when it asks me to enter URL of .jigdo file.
then it ask me to input debian mirror url ... what is this ?? shouldn't it just start d/l whatever file after i enter the .jigdo..?

i am not sure what to enter here.. cuz anything lead to a 404 file not found error when it start downloading...

i think the jigdo prevent newbie from d/l debian..

btw, the howto on jigdo is down or broken somehow..

a newbie..