Re: corrupted mini-cd iso images

On Wed 13 Nov, Terry Hancock wrote:
> On Saturday 09 November 2002 09:17 am, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 06:44:32PM -0800, James Crist wrote:
> > > I have downloaded the i386 'mini-cd' woody iso image from 2 different
> > > mirror sites. in BOTH cases, the install failed when installing the base
>
> *IS* there an official Debian mini-cd distro?

No. It would be a Very Useful Thing (TM), but no-one has integrated mini-cd
production into the system. Adding the option to debian-cd is presumably
the place to do it. It needs a 'mini-CD' size limit adding, and a list of
necessary packages, and presumably a 'netinstCD' option, then some script
jiggery-pokery. There may be some jiggery-pokery needed, but it doesn't
sound like it's actually very hard to do. Anyone enthused.

Advice from those who made the unofficial CDs welcome.

> I'm pretty sure I've been to lordsutch.com -- mini-cd and even
> business-card CD distros, some based on Debian. None official,
> IIRC.  Somebody needs to do a little homework, before ranting,
> I suspect. ;-)

Indeed.

Wookey