Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1 question.

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 11:51:40AM -0500, Peter Andrew Hanson wrote:
>  I have a copy of 3.0 (woody for pcs) on cds. I will be installing it (for
>  the first time) on a computer without internet access, in a seperate
>  partition. Will I be able to simply download the updates (changes in the
>  form on replacement modules ...?), burn them on a cd, then use the cd for
>  updating the computer, or am I looking at a more complex process.

It *is* possible to generate "update" CDs, and some people (e.g. some
CD vendors) regularly do so. However, Debian does not provide official
update CDs. You could try asking here again after the 3.0r1 release to
find out whether someone has made an update CD.

BTW, also have a look at the apt-zip package, it might be what you
want.

Cheers,

  Richard

--