Re: Is GPL source for binary cd1 all on source cd1?

In article <[🔎] 20021101165858.GA6151@home.ouaza.com> hertzog@debian.org writes:
>> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:09:59AM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
>> > Is all the source for the GPL software on the Official woody
>> > 3.0r1_nonUS x86 cd contained on the first source CD, or am I going to
>> > have to download the entire source set if I give away the binary CDs?

>If you don't want to give away a full set of CD then you have to
>regenerate your own shrinked CD set to be sure that the match
>between binary packages and source packages is ok.

Or, in the case of giving away several copies of binary CD1, with the
required offer of GPL source, I have to generate and keep the entire
source set for three years.  (Doing so is less labor than figuraing
out exactly what sources I need.)  Anyone giving the CD to a freind
has the same obligation.

Oh well, I had hoped not to have to tie up my DSL line for that long.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html