Re: can't jigdo iso with rockridge

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:37:13PM -0000, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> mkisofs -J -r -o ./public_html/sword20021030.iso -V \"1.5.5\" iso/latest
>

> When I run jigdo-file on the iso it generates warnings (these do not
> appear for an iso of this created without -r)
>
> mktemplate.hh:222: Assertion failed, `oldAreaEnd == start'
> mktemplate.hh:222: Assertion failed, `oldAreaEnd == start'

This is a central check of the "make-template" main loop - a sure sign
of a bug in jigdo-file. It's not surprising that the checks built into
"make-image" then later regard the template as invalid. :(

Hm - "-r" is likely to introduce longer runs of zeroes in the image
because it zeroes UIDs/GIDs... does one of the files in
/home/sword/ftp/iso/latest/ maybe start with 4096 bytes or more of
zeroes?

To find the bug, it would be really nice if you could recompile jigdo
with debugging support:

  ./configure --enable-debug
  make X=-DDEBUG_MKTEMPLATE

Then re-run the jigdo-file command. It'll output quite a lot of debug
info (mostly to stderr, so use "jigdo-file ... >log 2>&1), please send
it to me privately. I'm rather busy, but I'll try to have a look at
it.

Cheers,

  Richard

--