Re: Debian-CD mirror on LEO

Hi,

Richard Atterer wrote on Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 01:08:39PM +0200:
[..]
> <http://non-us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current/jigdo/> and
>     <http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current/jigdo/> are
> supposed to be in sync, both always contain the jigdo files for the
> latest stable version.
Ok.

> BTW, in the case of jigdo/template files, using rsync for mirroring
> doesn't have any advantage over plain HTTP/FTP mirroring, because the
> file contents are gzipped.
That's not my problem. I would prefer rsync, since I have full
working framework, which allows me easily to grab the stuff.
We also have such a framework for FTP mirror, but based on
mirror.pl which is not really efficient, and also has
problems sometimes. I would rather not add any new mirrors
based on that.

Anyway, in this case, I can probably write a wget-script,
since its not a real mirror, but configurations files to be kept
up to date. CVSup would be ideal for this case, but I guess,
thats not possible. :-}

Thanks anyway.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock         - ceterum censeo Microsoftinem esse delendam -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*