Re: Woody DVD problem on powerpc

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 11:11:07AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>Maybe the answer is to fiddle with the HFS bits so we only have the
>boot / install stuff visible in the HFS volume descriptor and leave
>the rest of the files on the disc only visible through
>ISO9660/RockRidge. That way the install kernel and a running system
>will be able to see the packages on the disc just fine, but the host
>Mac system won't. I'm playing with that now to see if it will create
>an image, at least.

In fact, the latest mkisofs alpha (in cdrtools 1.11a31) seems to do
the right thing. The problem was nothing to do with the number of files
in the image (only about 9000, after all), but rather a large file
issue by the looks of it. I've just created an image which I'll be
asking somebody to test for me now.

--
Steve McIntyre, Plasmon                      smcintyre@software.plasmon.com
		Oh My God! They Killed init! You Bastards!