Re: NONUS?

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 05:36:36PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> Anyway, we should probably call CD1 CD1_US, CD1_NONUS CD1,

I'd call it CD1_CRIPPLED. :-)

> Of course, if nobody actually cares about things like the fact that
> violent games are illegal in Germany (assuming they still are) then
> going to all that effort is not justified.

Games like Quake are not illegal, they're just not to be sold to
minors and mustn't be publically offered for sale (AFAIK). Not that
this would prevent the kids from playing them...

But mp3 encoders are a good example; I think the patent is only valid
in Germany, nowhere else.

Cheers,

  Richard

--