From: Philip Hands [mailto:phil@hands.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:56 AM
To: Bradley Glonka
Cc: atterer@debian.org; debian-cd@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: jigdo

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 17:34, Bradley Glonka wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm having much better luck today.  It seems
> using http is better than ftp.  Thanks for that suggestion.  I did
> have a few problems with mirrors, but the large selection eventually
> has led to a complete run.

Jolly good.

> Sorry my questions were not so direct.
>
> Now what??  7 CDs * (11 platforms + source) = "WOW thats alot of CDs"

You're not wrong.

> Can each platform can be installed and run on just CD 1?

Yes, with probably a little downloading after it's installed for the few
packages that you might want off of the other ones.

> Are the tools categorized by importance to which CD they are on?

Yes-ish

> example; are development tools on CD1?

Er, not all of them, and they're not laid out in a CD3=applications type
manner.

You need CD1_NONUS (or CD1 in the US), CD2 is helpful, but not essential,
the rest have stuff you might use, but I cannot tell you which CD it's on
--- as long as you have a sequence from 1, you can use as few or many as you
like, and whatever's missing will get downloaded.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/