Re: jigdo-lite: how to utilize the previous ISOs?

Hi,

I'll answer this, since I've been using Jigdo a lot recently. Pre14 is very similar to the current version, and so no more than about 100 or so files per disk (out of about 1400 or so) should be different. However, if you are scanning image files on your HD in Linux, you have to mount them first, other wise jigdo doesn't see the individual files in them. If you are using Windows, I'm not sure you can do this. You might just have to burn the images on to a CD and have Jigdo read that.

To mount an image in Linux, make a directory for a mount point like this:

mkdir /mnt/old_image

then mount the file:

mount -o loop old_woody_version.iso /mnt/old_image

When Jigdo asks for old images to scan, type the path to your mounted image. In this case:

/mnt/old_image

You should see jigdo scanning many individual files and not one big image.

Hope it helps.

David Roberts

David S. Roberts <david@abexia.com>