Comments on installing Pre 14 Disk #1

Hello:

I am not sure if this belongs to debian-cd or debian-user;
please let me know. It is not so clear for me what
"/CD/faq/#mailing-list" suggests on this issue.

Last nite I tried at home the "PRE 14 Disk #1" (with a wrong
MD5SUMs due to wrong "developers-reference.html.tar.gz" and
"developers-reference.txt.gz" files).

- debconf: I was never asked about to set the level of debconf.
  Therefore I had to run "dpkg-reconfigure debconf" to set it.
  May I know where/how to report this issue?

- gpm: is not in disk#1 :-(. I like gpm, because it is more
  convinient when setting the X11 server (to test if the mouse
  works). Meanwhile, I have no idea for what "tcsh" is.
  May I know where/how to report this issue?

- XFree 3.X: Since there is even no standard SVGA 800x600 server in
  the current XFree 4.X; I would like to suggest that CD#1 should
  include XFree 3.X. Unfortunately, I still use an ancient PC
  at home with an old S3 video card :-(.

regards,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org -- http://rms46.vLSM.org --