Re: What kernel stuff on CD1? Was Still no TeX in CD#1

On 30 May 2002, Philip Hands wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 10:08, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > If we accept that a first "non-US" CD does not necessarily have to
> > contain the whole of non-US, we could change the way of generating
> > the CDs from "Including most of non-US in CD#1, excluding big packages"
> > to "Including packages from non-US in CD#1 according to their
> > popularity, as we already do for main packages".
>
> But then we need a 2_NONUS, or perhaps we just arrange for all packages
> to be in popularity order, and have as many non-US CDs as it happens to
> take depending where the packages land.
>
> I think that's a big enough change to leave for a later release, unless
> someone else is confident that they can change this without breaking
> things.

Hmm, considering that woody has already 8 binary CDs (i.e. 7 "US" CDs
and 1 "non-US" one) a 2nd NONUS CD would not be such a big change.

[ Of course, having as many non-US CDs as it happens to take depending where
the packages land is out of question. Please do not even consider that... ]