Re: question

Most of the heavy lifting in jigdo development concerns error handling
and error recovery. Jigdo does not require an error-free download of a
whole iso.

Also, Debian is a good choise. I switched from RedHat about a year ago.
I've never regretted it. The Debian people are much more "user friendly".

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 12:35:23PM -0700, Javier Hernandez wrote:
> I am completely new at linux. I have a friend who
> recomended Debian. I do realize that other versions
> such as redhat or mandrake might contain more gui or
> might me user friendly but, the way i see it if i am
> to learn i ust start by here and learn. my question is
> if by downloading the isos in pieces through jigdo do
> you run a check on the individual pieces.so u only
> have to download a fraction of the iso over again and
> not the iso all over. if not is this even needed?

Paul E Condon            | Failure is not an option.
pecondon@quiknet.com     | It's bundled with the software.