Re: Still no TeX in CD#1

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Philip Charles wrote:

> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> > Yes, but this does *not* answer my question at all:
> >
> > kernel-image-* packages do not belong to any task, are any of them more
> > popular than tetex-bin? I believe they are not, but the only data I
> > have to backup such statement is the popularity-contest data from the
> > debian-cd package. If you have more recent data, *please* show it.
>
> Tex has always been the next task to be included on CD1.  So if a consesis
> of which of the following images can be moved to a later CD then it will
> find its way there.  A number of images have already been moved.  This
> list have some errors.
>
> [ snipped list of kernel images ]

I wonder why those images have to be in CD #1 at all. The functionality of
"being able to boot the system" is well served by whatever kernel is
installed by the boot floppies.

If you insist that they must go in CD #1, leaving more popular packages
in CD #2, we could put the less popular kernel-images in CD#2, one at
a time, until TeX fits in CD#1.

For this we would need the most recent popularity contest data, the
one in debian-cd is quote old (from 2001).

Thanks.