Re: Still no TeX in CD#1

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:07:06PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Santiago Vila wrote:
> > I believed there was a consensus that the most popular packages would
> > be on CD #1. Thanks for replying but my question remains unanswered.
>
> So prove to us that TeX is popular. These days that would surprise
> me very much.

"These days"? Do you think everybody is using w**d, or is there something
else you can use for writing papers, books, letters, faxes, creating posters?

I am using (La)TeX for everything I am writing, and I assume most scientists
do. Except maybe the very young ones who think there is only one OS, only
one program to write documents. And I always thought those were the people
we had to show the alternative.

Maybe we should have a vote?

Christian