Re: Becoming a Debian CD Vendor

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 13:37, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > It is not possible - There are no official Debian CD vendors ;-)
> > Is this 100% sure? I've heard of a boxed Debian product... If there is
> > such a stuff, there is an official Debian CD vendor.
>
> Well, I have seen it, a friend of mine sells it - He also prints the boxes
> ;-)

People are arguing about two separate things:

  "Official vendors of Debian CDs", which do not exist, beyond perhaps
  being listed here:  http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

  "Vendors of Official Debian CDs", which obviously do exist, and which
  anyone can do by grabbing the official images, burning them, and
  selling them.

If you want to be listed on the vendors list, check this out:
  http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/adding
but a listing doesn't imply any sort of official endorsement by Debian.

Clear?  If not, read this: http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/info

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/