Re: .raw extension is misleading

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 19:14, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 03:22:37PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 14:51, jason andrade wrote:
> > > o as a mirror site, where do i produce/get "authoritative" jigdo
> > >   files from?
> > > o where do i put them ?
> >
> > Well, in the absence of a better idea, I settled on /jigdo-area/ for
> > the master site, on the basis that that gives me a chance to have
> > /images/ in parallel with that, and still have the paths make some
> > sort of sense, so I'd imagine that using whatever your currently
> > published path is, with jigdo-area on the end, would be consistent
> > with this.
>
> Hm, given that the naming scheme will be used on many servers for a
> long time, I'll humbly express my personal preference for just
> "jigdo/", not "jigdo-area/". (Not that it really matters...)

I wasn't overly happy about using jigdo-area, but couldn't think of
anything more appropriate.

The reason not to call it simply "jigdo" is that the jigdo-area contains
one or more versioned directories, each of which contains a jigdo and a
snapshot directory, so having jigdo appear at two levels in the
hierarchy seemed likely to give rise to confusion.

I'm open to suggestions for a better name for where we keep
jigdo/snapshot combinations, but I don't think "jigdo" is it.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/