Re: isolinux falures

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Michael Stone wrote:

>On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 01:11:44PM -0500, bbennet wrote:
> Hello to all you folks who are pushing for us to have all new machines.
>[snip]o
>
>It's not really clear from your rant what, exactly, you're looking for.
>
>--
>Mike Stone

Hello to mstone.  Good to hear from you.

Here is what I am looking for:
I vote for floppy emulation mode on the first CD of the Debian set.

If you have a new machine then you may stop reading.

The first CD of Debian woody tries to boot with 'no emulation' mode.
The first CD of Debian woody uses isolinux to
try to boot with this 'no emulation' mode.
The isolinux boot is how you try for 'no emulation' mode.
The 'no emulation' mode demands a new machine.

We now get these threads in debian-cd about isolinux failures.
We get few failures reported with 'floppy emulation' mode.

The 'floppy emulation' mode is how the CD usually boots in all of your
history with CD booting.

Our users expect the CD to boot on the good old linux box
just like it always has booted.

I vote for floppy emulation mode on the first CD of the Debian set.

Did you read this far Mike:)

Cheers, Bill Bennet

"Where the only monopoly we support has a Boardwalk and a Baltic Avenue."