Re: .raw extension is misleading

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:28:10AM +0200, Wuttke Joachim wrote:
> This is the first time I am trying to get a "testing" distribution
> from the net, and so I can confirm that for a first-time user the
> extension ".raw" is indeed quite confusing. It took me quite a while
> to find out that ".raw" means exactly the same as ".iso".

I could add an entry to the CD FAQ, if someone can give me a good
answer to the question... :)

  What is a .raw file?

  It is exactly the same as an .iso file; you can just rename it to
  .iso and write it to CD-R. We use .raw for beta and unofficial
  images rather than .iso, because... ???

Cheers,

  Richard

--