Re: Anarchy on CD's (lot of packages on first CD depends on packages that are not in the first CD, etc)

On 3 May 2002, Philip Hands wrote:

> Does anyone know if that the result of tweaks to debian-cd that have not
> been folded into CVS, or is it simply that sizes of packages have
> changed so that debian-cd simply decided to split the groups of packages
> up differently on these latest tests?

Part of the problem is that ../tasks/tasks-woody have been sorted
diabolically (or is it alphabolically) and end up on the first two CDs in
that order.  What I am doing is to nominate the order which I want the
tasks to go onto the CDs, then build the list of packages from the list
and do _not_ sort them.  It improves the first two CDs.

However, the first two CDs are involved and there is no way round this.  I
built a CD set with only the base packages and tasks-woody and went well
into the second CD.  This means that the minimum CD purchase is two discs
for a newbie.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz